BlogBanner

BlogBanner
Books Anne has written or has a chapter in.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 2011

So here I sit on Thanksgiving Day, not at a table laden with more food than could feed an army of starving velociraptors, but at my computer.

I have a lot to be thankful for, more than I can enumerate. I'm especially thankful for my lifetime companion of 40+ years, safe and comfortable surroundings with an adorable office cat, my daughter safely launched in the career she was meant to be in, more intellectual pursuits than I can handle (and the health and wits to pursue them), a house with no mortgage amid beautiful woodlands in a time/space location relatively safe from fires, floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, and so far, even hurricanes. 

Even with its occasional setbacks, life really is good. Now if I could just find a hubcap for my bitchin' red Camaro that would stay on...




2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Anne! I included Kitsune Books on my list of things to be thankful for this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeannine! It's been a banner year all around so far.

    ReplyDelete